Bob Kain Builders
A number of builders choose to use our service because I’m prepared to offer a prompt service, attention to detail and I’ll work with them.
Some builders come to me with their clients design, worked out and ready to be drafted.
Others have me meet with their client and do the preliminary design work with them.
Which ever way you prefer to work, I always keep the builder up to speed on the progress of the job and work in close consultation with both the builder and the client.
Before any structural design work is done, I find out the builders preferred materials.
Each builder has his reasons for choosing a preferred structural member and I provide those materials in the design. Should another brand or type of member be better, I’ll always let the builder know.
Clients seeking builders
Not all clients have a builder in mind when they undertake a project. I can provide contact details for builders, once I know the construction details and a likely start date.
Whether building a NEW HOME or undertaking a RENOVATION here are some tips…
- Choose your builder carefully and don’t be fooled by the cheapest quote.
You may not be happy with the results and it could cost you more in the end.
- A good builder knows and uses the best tradesmen. Don’t be impatient if the tradesmen he prefers are not available. Be prepared to wait a bit longer.
- Treat all your tradespeople with respect. Ask for their advice if your unsure of anything.
- Be prepared to clear up mess each night (if doing up a renovation you are
living in at the same time).
- If you make changes as you are going along, as most people do, expect to pay more than your original quote.